What is Good Oral Hygiene?
Dental Hygienist Adelaide
Hygienists are dental professionals who are trained to take care of your oral health. Regular professional removal of plaque and calculus are essential for maintaining healthy gums.
Good oral hygiene results in a mouth that looks and smells healthy. This means:
- Your teeth are clean and free of debris.
- Gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss.
- Bad breath is not a constant problem
If your gums do hurt or bleed while brushing or flossing or you are experiencing persistent bad breath, see your dentist or hygienist. Any of these conditions may indicate a problem.
Your dentist or hygienist can help you learn good oral hygiene techniques and can help point out areas of your mouth that may require extra attention during brushing and flossing.
Adelaide Dentalcare. For all your dental hygiene needs in Adelaide.
How is Good Oral Hygiene Practiced?
Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and gums. Healthy teeth not only enable you to look and feel good, they make it possible to eat and speak properly. Good oral health is important to your overall well-being.
Daily preventative care, including proper brushing and flossing, will help stop problems before they develop and is much less painful, expensive and worrisome than treating conditions that have been allowed to progress.
In between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems. These include:
- Brushing thoroughly twice a day and flossing daily
- Eating a balanced diet and limiting snacks between meals.
- Using dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste
- Rinsing with a fluoride mouth rinse if your dentists tells you to
- Making sure that your children under 12 drink fluoridated water or take fluoride supplement if they live in a non-fluoridated area.
Dental Tip – use a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles
Click here to book online
Click here to read on more FAQ's in relation to dental hygiene